Cost of current and alternative support schemes to grid parity in target countries
To implement uncompetitive power generation technologies in a first step into the energy system, financial support schemes are necessary to encourage these technologies to their future market maturity. In the last years the implementation of PV to the energy system was mainly driven by different national support schemes like Feed in Tariffs (FiT), Green-Certificates, Net-Metering and/or investment grants. The PV market is growing very fast and the cost reduction was significant, thus PV becomes more and more competitive in different European countries and market segments.
This report includes: an analysis of the current cost of support schemes as well as a cost analysis of alternative support schemes and a sensitivity analysis for the selected targeted countries(Germany, Italy, The Netherlands and Austria).
Alternative policies for PV deployment - proposed alternative incentives for the target countries
The aim of this document is to generate the basis for the elaboration of alternative incentives for the target countries against the background of a steady increase of PV competitiveness.
It follows a five step approach:
- In the first step, the legal framework formed by the European Primary and Secondary law, which has to be taken into account for the development of any new incentives, is determined.
- After this, the content of instruments for direct consumption are defined in a second step.
- The third step consists in the analysis of alternative PV incentives which already exist in the legal frameworks for the promotion of renewable energy sources of some of the target countries.
- Based on these findings, some of the requirements, which have to be met for the further integration of PV against the background of its growing competitiveness, are elaborated in a fourth step. A matrix with the criteria which can be defined as useful for the elaboration of ideas for alternative incentives is made.
- In a final fifth step, alternative incentives for some of the target countries are defined.
Policy Recommendations to national policy makers
You can find below national policy recommendations prepared for each target country (reports are generally in national language, in some cases a summary in English has been produced):
- Austria (DE) Summary in English
- Belgium (EN)
- Czech Republic (CZ) Summary in English
- France (FR)
- Germany (DE) Summary in English
- Greece (GR) Summary in English
- Italy (IT) Summary in English
- Netherlands (EN)
- Portugal (PT)
- Spain (ES)
- UK (EN)