To define in a clear and comprehensive way the competitiveness of photovoltaics (PV) the parameters defining PV Parity have been determined and analysed.
The results lay on the analysis of parameters as electricity prices, existing grid parity definitions and of the LCOE calculation as they have been conducted by the consortium. In addition it will conduct an analyse on PV invesment, followed by grid and life-cycle analysis.
To give an overall overview the PV policy strategy and the corresponding regulatory framework on the road to grid parity have been considered.
Key results are:
- An agreed definition(s) of what PV Parity is
- An assessment of past and future evolution of electricity prices
- An analysis of existing support schemes
- A simulation tool based on sensitivity analysis projecting roadmaps towards the achievement of competitiveness
- Cost and benefit analysis of PV investments
- An analysis of the cost of current and alternative support schemes
- Economic and legal analysis of the interest to import PV electricity from MENA countries
- Recommendations addressed to national policy makers on how existing policies of PV should evolve in the future